The Chamber of Craft and Small Business of Slovenia has been performing master craftsman exams since 2000 for 52 titles of a master craftsman. Master craftsman exams are performed for the majority of occupations in short supply for which no regular secondary education programme is on offer. The obtained title of a master craftsman is an excellent opportunity for getting a job in any respective profession and a competitive edge for enterprises because the brand of a Master emphasises mastery and quality of products or services.
Other advantages of a Master Craftsman title include:
- Acquiring secondary vocational education.
- Possible continued education on institutions of higher vocational education after taking the exams missing to a vocational maturity examination.
- Meeting the educational condition for training secondary school students.
- A condition for performing the craft activity if so stipulated by the Decree determining craft activities and craft-like activities.
- Obtaining the right to act as construction supervisor in accordance with the Construction Act.